Young Women’s Political Leadership Course (YWPLC) is one of the flagships of Women LEAD Nepal (WLEAD). The eight-month-long, intensive course enrolls 20 participants/ Fellows aged 18-25 young women from diverse regions across Nepal. These dynamic individuals must have completed High School or are currently pursuing academia in Universities in Kathmandu.
The program consists of components: Politics Institute (PI), Internship, Field Visit, Mentorship, Advocacy Workshop (AW), Follow-up, etc. Through these theoretical and experiential learning components/ interventions, participants understand the basics of politics and how politics empower individuals and navigate their roles as informed citizens to contribute positively to their communities and countries.
The course aims to build a foundational knowledge of Nepal’s democratic system and the political processes in the country among participants. The participants will learn about essential professional skills required in political organizing, the importance of intersectionality, and women in politics/leadership.
The YWPLC aims to
- Empower young Nepali women by raising their awareness about Nepali political structure and democracy,
- Help achieve gender equality by strengthening their knowledge of political leadership,
- Build the capacity of young Nepali women, enabling them to work as active mediators of social change and politics.
Fee: Rs 9,000/-
Footnote: The fee can be paid in a lump sum after admittance to the course. The fee covers all course materials, a completion certificate, free lunches, unlimited access to our Chautara Resource Center, and exclusive access to Women LEAD’s alumni community and events.
Program Duration: 8 months
Program Capacity: 20 seats
This is an equal opportunity program—young women from all castes, ethnicity, backgrounds, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. The basic eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Have completed their +2 and be between the ages of 18-25
- Comfortable communicating in English and Nepali (both written and spoken)
- Attend all modules of the program. Detailed breakdown of program structure can be found in the application
Women LEAD Nepal provides full and partial scholarships for anyone in need of financial assistance. We are committed to accepting applicants on merit regardless of their economic status. Scholarship forms will be handed out during the one-on-one interviews and by Women LEAD representatives.
Skills obtained after participating in YWPLC
YWPLI has a two-step application process to ensure the most passionate, committed and amazing 20 young women are selected!
- Fill out this online form.
- Selected applicants will be invited for a 40-minute in-person interview with staff and alumni of the program. Selected applicants will be notified about their application via email and call.