The LEAD Course (September 2023 – June 2024)
Women LEAD Nepal’s year-long, after-school LEAD Course provides an intensive experience based on practical, hands-on learning and personal growth. In the LEAD Course, young women explore their own identities as leaders and change makers. The course starts with a two-week Leadership Institute (16-29 September) focused on developing professional skills like public speaking and learning about Nepal’s most pressing issues. After the Institute, each participant invests 300+ hours creating change as she co-leads the School Leadership Program while receiving one-on-one mentoring, guidance and professional opportunities.
Program Capacity: 30 seats
Program Duration: 1 year
Fee: Rs 9,000/-. The fee covers all course materials, unlimited access to our resource center, a certificate, free lunches and exclusive access to WLEAD events.
DO NOT let financial concerns stop you from applying—there are partial and full scholarships available to everyone who needs financial assistance. We are committed to accepting the best applicants, regardless of their financial situation. Scholarship forms will be given out after being selected for the interviews.
This is an equal opportunity program—young women from all castes, ethnicities, backgrounds, religions, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply. The basic eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Young women entering Class 12;
- Able to attend LEAD Course programs in person from 1PM to 5PM on weekdays
- Commit to fully participate in all aspects of the LEAD Course for the entire year: the two-week Leadership Institute and around 8-10 hours per week in leadership training, professional development and mentoring during the rest of the year—300+ hours in total.
The LEAD Course has a two-step application process to ensure the most passionate, committed and amazing 30 young women in the entire Kathmandu Valley are selected!
- Submit your application by filling the form avialable at the top and bottom of this page by 27 August (10 Bhadra).
- The top applicants will be invited for a 30-45-minute interview with staff and alumni of the LEAD Course between 30 August-2 September (13-16 Bhadra). They will be notified via phone.
There will also be an Interaction Program on Friday, 18 August (1 Bhadra) and Thursday, 24 August (7 Bhadra) from 12-5PM at Women LEAD Nepal’s Office in Bakhundole, where interested students and their parents can interact with our staff and LEAD Course alumni.