Women LEAD U.S. Board seeks an experienced fundraiser to steward individual donors and family as well as corporate foundations. Women LEAD U.S. Board is a volunteer organization and this is a volunteer opportunity to serve as Women LEAD U.S. Board member. Women LEAD is a Kathmandu, Nepal, -based organization founded and run by young women for the advancement of young women’s leadership. As part of the U.S. Board, you will help chart its commitment for the future growth of its contributions to Women LEAD Nepal.
You will lead the annual fundraising event for Women LEAD U.S. Board along with targeted private donation and on-line fundraising opportunities. You will also play an active role in helping to scale the organization’s activities and impact in Nepal through taking an active role in Women LEAD’s strategic planning. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial with a strong track record in results-driven fundraising in the non-profit sector, and possess a passion for gender equality and youth empowerment.
- Advise on establishing Women LEAD U.S. Board annual fundraising goal with an objective to increase it by 10% in following years.
- Take part in the development and implementation of a strategic plan designed to acquire and cultivate new and existing individual and foundational donors.
- Advise on relationship management for donors: identify, cultivate, solicit, close, and steward donors and grow the prospect pipeline.
- Lead in creating individual goals and cultivation plans for each donor considering the donor’s interests, motivation, giving pattern, and ask preferences.
- Ensure timely donor acknowledgment.
- Advise Women LEAD Nepal’s fundraising team on donor communications including regular updates, End of Year solicitations, the Annual Report, other fundraising pieces.
- Advise on maintaining the integrity of relevant records, upholding key deliverables and deadlines.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend an initial Board orientation and quarterly Board meetings.
- Work with other Board members to provide strategic oversight and guidance to the organization and utilize talents to support and grow WLEAD’s vision.
- Act as an Ambassador for WLEAD to donors, partners and other stakeholders and represent the organization at fundraising events.
- Assist ED and Board Chairs with the recruitment of additional board members and advisors to strengthen and grow the organization.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an I/NGO and NGO fundraising focusing on individual and foundations.
- Demonstrated experience and success in soliciting donors and securing funds/gifts.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and the ability to energize listeners and clearly discuss complex issues with diverse audiences.
For immediate consideration, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Board Fundraiser – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line). Only complete applications will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.