Women LEAD Nepal seeks a reliable, organized and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about women’s leadership and youth empowerment to bring a systematic approach to the internal processes across the organization. The Finance Coordinator will be responsible for effectively and efficiently leading and managing Women LEAD Nepal’s finance and accounts, financial plan and budgetary control, and ensuring compliance with the organization, donors and government rules and regulations.
Women LEAD Nepal is one of the first leadership development organizations for young women and adolescent girls in Nepal. Our vision is of a better world where women leaders co-create the future. Since 2011, we have empowered more than 3,000 young women and adolescent girls with the skills, support, and opportunities needed to become leaders in their schools, communities, and nation.
- Manage Women LEAD Nepal’s finance and accounts in full compliance with government requirements, adhere to WLEAD’s finance and procurement policies and follow national and international best practices.
- Ensure smooth accounting functions in accordance with established procedures (book-keeping, ledgers, bank and petty cash management)
- Ensure all organizational and financial information is effectively documented in accordance with the document retention policy
- Coordinate and handle all financial operations (budget preparation, budget tracking and periodic review, cash flow, payroll, tax, insurance, payments to creditors etc.)
- Prepare financial reports on a monthly and quarterly basis and as per demand
- Maintain an overview of all Women LEAD’s finances and communicate the periodic report to the senior management team and the Board of Directors
- Assist with annual audits and coordinate periodic internal audits
- Ensure internal controls are in place and facilitate and monitor full office-wide compliance with all financial, accounting and procurement policies and procedures
- Manage and update databases for the fundraising department and produce financial reports for donors and government regulators
- Lead, manage and mentor a direct report (Officer and/or Associate) on book-keeping and accounting practices
- Provide financial orientation/training to all new interns, staff, and board members
- Impart technical support/guidance and inputs during program design and delivery
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost savings
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree in management with finance as a major subject or equivalent
- A professional ACCA or CA accounting certificate will be an added advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar position (preferably with an I/NGO)
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Strong commitment to ethical behavior and business practices
- Proficient in English and Nepali language
- Proven ability to work independently, manage time,balance and prioritize simultaneous assignments to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in IT, including advanced knowledge of Excel and an ability to learn new software programs (knowledge of Moneyworks, Tally & Salesforce preferred)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in multicultural environment
- Proven competence in managing and backstopping a direct report (Officer and Associate)
- A passion for empowering young women to lead change and participate meaningfully in their country’s future
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and take initiative
For immediate consideration, send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and relevant experiences and skills to firstname.lastname@example.org (include “Finance Coordinator – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line).
Only complete applications will be reviewed. The application deadline is Sunday, January 22, 2023, but early submission is strongly encouraged, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process.
Women LEAD Nepal is growing rapidly. We offer competitive compensation and benefits commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity organization – Nepali citizens from all castes, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.