Women LEAD U.S. Board seeks an experienced treasurer to serve on the board for a two-year term. Women LEAD is a Kathmandu, Nepal, -based organization founded and run by young women for the advancement of young women’s leadership. WLEAD’s vision is a better world where women leaders co-create the future.
The Board of Directors is comprised of leaders dedicated to the organization’s vision who act as advocates and ambassadors for Women LEAD and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to scale up its impact. They make personal contributions of time, money, connections and expertise.
- Ensure financial transparency, accountability and strong internal controls across the organization
- Set financial management policies and procedures with ED
- Act as point of contact for the IRS, prepare and file Quarterly Employer’s Form 941, review and approve Form 990
- Establish a finance and audit committee and serve as the Chair
- Approve transactions over $5,000 and work with Executive Director to monitor cash flow and review monthly accounts
- Partner with the staff leadership to develop a prudent annual budget. Provide guidance and oversight in conveying budget information to the board. Make sure that budget priorities and decisions reflect the intentions and objectives of the board
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend an initial Board orientation and quarterly Board meetings (in-person or virtual)
- Act as Ambassador for Women LEAD to donors, partners and other stakeholders and represent the organization at fundraising events
- Work with other Board members to provide strategic oversight and guidance to the organization and utilize talents to support and grow Women LEAD’s vision
- Assist ED and Board Chairs with the recruitment of additional board members and advisors to strengthen and grow the organization: i.e. corporate sponsorship, pro bono work, advisors with sector-specific expertise, and program partnerships
- Inform others about Women LEAD and actively reach out to personal contacts and networks
- Learn Women LEAD’s articles of incorporation, bylaws and policies for effective oversight and fulfillment of fiduciary responsibilities
- Make an annual Give-Get commitment that is personally significant, (average commitment is $500)
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Commitment to the core values, purpose, and vision of Women LEAD and a demonstrated passion for women’s empowerment
- Strong background in financial accounting and taxes, preferably with nonprofits
- Experience serving on a nonprofit board and strong understanding of fiduciary responsibilities
- Able to contribute an average of 5 hours per month
- Based in the East Coast Area
- S. Certified Public Accountant
For immediate consideration, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com (include “Board Treasurer – Last Name, First Name” in the subject line). Only complete applications will be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.